Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Narrowing the List: Tagaytay Wedding Churches

This is it! We're on the initial steps of planning our wonderful wedding. Narrowing the lists of churches in and near Tagaytay is one of our top priorities. These are the churches I found so far with my own personal notes on my experience in trying to book the venue:

Chapel on the Hill - Don Bosco, Batulao, Batangas

Website: http://donboscobatulao.org/page2.html


This is our first choice for our wedding church. I don't think I can describe its interior any better than what's on there website:
The chapel has a circular pattern on the floor and this is called the Labyrinth. As explained in the entrance of the chapel, “the labyrinth is a sacred circle with a single path that leads to its center. Walking the path lends itself to prayer and meditation. This kinesthetic style of prayer is especially valuable during those times when words cannot express the depths of heights of our experience”.
The frustrating part is when I tried contacting all of their numbers, it's either out of coverage or the number is not available. I've even tried calling different times throughout the day. There's not a response even on their landline! I also tried emailing them but it's been 3 days since and I haven't got any response yet. I'm including the contact info I got, maybe you'll have better luck contacting them.

 Telefax No. (632) 743-5614
Mobile No’s. 0926-6163301 |  0906 - 8144474 | 0917-524-7192
Email: info@donboscobatulao.org



Transfiguration Chapel of Caleruega


Unlike in Chapel on the Hill, I got to contact this one really fast. The woman I spoke with was very accommodating and told me everything I needed to know on how to make reservations. Unfortunately, our target date was not available anymore so this would have to be a 2nd or 3rd option at best. It's also 45-minute drive from our wedding reception so it wouldn't really be a good choice for us.

For those who are interested to book here, the reservation fee is 5,000 and full payment is 15,000. They don't accept bank transfers or pencil bookings.

Contact Numbers: 0921 270 9890 ; 0921 830 4226



Madre De Dios Chapel, Tagaytay Highlands


Again, their mobile is not accessible so I sent an email to them. If I don't get a response, will try to call their landline as well. I like that it's just a 15-minute ride to our reception, but I honestly don't know if this can be booked within our budget. =)

Sales and Banquets Services
Tel. No.: (046) 483-0820 / 3657
Fax No.: (046) 483-0820
Mobile No.: (0917) 882-6885
sales@tagaytayhighlands.com


I've also tried calling San Antonio De Padua Church and Our Lady of Lourdes Parish but I got no response. Seriously, what's the problem with the mobile phones there?

So far, I'd say this proves to be more challenging that I'd expect, but I'm sure I'd also find it very fulfilling if I can finish all the reservations we need. Finding reliable sources for contact in the internet is a challenge, but it definitely is worth it given what it would mean for our future.

So cheers to our wedding and let's keep going forward!


No comments:

Post a Comment